Camp's Organ Service
Phone us at
Email us at
Hammond Tone Wheel Organs
Yamaha Digital Pianos
Suzuki Digital Pianos
Kawai Digital Pianos
Roland Digital Pianos
Leslie Tone Cabinets
- Symptoms: Noisy, squealing bearings or organ won't start because bearings have seized up.
- Cause: Organ has not been oiled for many years or oil is not reaching some bearings.
- Solution: By the time bearings start to squeal or seize, regular oiling procedures are inadequate. The bearings must be oiled directly.
- Affected Models: All Hammond Tone Wheel Models (Model #s starting with letters A,B,C,D,E,G,H,L,M,R,T,X)
- Procedure: Access bottom of tone wheel generator and oil each bearing directly, then apply Hammond oil generously through oiling funnels.
- Cost: Usually our minimum charge plus the cost of oil covers this repair. Occasionaly more is needed.
- Symptoms: Choppy Sounding Vibrato on A, B, C, D, E, G, R and early T series Organs
- Cause: The Vibrato Scanner is plated with zinc which has a tendancy to grow crystalline whiskers called dentrites. The dendrites short the scanner's terminals to ground.
- Solution: Replace the Scanner with a rebuilt scanner.
- Procedure: Our rebuilt Scanners have been completely disassmbled, cleaned and lubricated, removing all dendrites. We then seal the scanner chassis to retard the growth of dendrites.
- Cost: $350* - Exchange Required
By Benton Electronics - Converts older single speed Leslie's to 2-speed using original motors.
It Replaces both the old mechanical relay and provides fast and slow speed operation. Optionally adds brake function.
Uses state-of-the-art Industry Standard Motor Drive Technology, thus avoiding problems such as low torque,
motor heat and growling noise with slow speed. Can even work on 2-speed models eliminating the slow motors
and the tedious adjustments and wear. Single Speed Leslies include models 21H, 22, 22H, 22R, 31H, 44W, 45, 46, 47, 51.
Leslie Brake Function
The MTC Logic Motor Controller, when combined with a 3 position tremolo switch, will provide
FAST, SLOW and OFF to any Leslie in the 122 and 147 families.
- Models Affected: Many of the 600 & 700 series models
- Symptoms: Keys are uneven in volume. Some may be weak, dead or intermittent.
- Cause: Copper wiring inside vinyl coated bussbars has oxidized causing poor electrical connection.
- Solution: Replace vinyl bussbars with gold plated type as per factory instructions.
- Procedure: Replace all vinyl bussbars with brass rods and clean keyswitches.
- Cost: Depends on model, current price of bussbars and location. Call for price.
- Symptoms: Keys sag or are sticking or sluggish, etc.
- Cause: The Keys break or crack at the rear pivot point of the key, typically lean a little to the left, then won't move up and down freely.
- Solution: Replace keys showing symptoms described above with new reinforced keys. In situations where there is recurring key breakage, purchase of a new keyboard assembly, one having all reinforced keys, may be considered.
- Affected Models: This problem is often present on the following models although this is not a complete list of all models affected : CLP110, CLP115, CLP120, CLP130, CLP150, CLP170, CLP175, CLP220, CLP230, CLP240, CLP270, CLP280, CLP910, CLP920, CLP930, CLP950, CLP955, CLP970, CLP990, CVP103, CVP105, CVP107, CVP109, CVP201, CVP202, CVP203, CVP204, CVP205, CVP206, CVP207, CVP208, CVP209, CVP210, CVP600, CVP700, P60, P80, P120, PF500, PF1000, and many YDP models.
- Cost: On most models the cost of key replacement is covered by our minimum service call charge plus the cost of $12.00 per key, or plus the cost of a keyboard assembly (between $750 to $1200).
- Symptoms: When keys are played they are clunky and noisy
- Cause: Over time the Key felts compress and degrade allowing the hammers to noisily hit the keyboard chassis.
- Solution: Replace Key felt cushions restoring sound level and operation of keys to new condition
- Affected Models: Many CLP, CVP, P, and YDP series models.
- Cost: $245*
- Symptoms: Keys sag or are sticking or sluggish, etc.
- Cause: The weighted hammers in the keyboard action hang up on the pivot rod that runs internally through the length of the keyboard.
- Solution: Suzuki now supplies a kit that replaces the pivot rod and lubrication grease. When installed, this kit completely and permanently cures the problem.
- Affected odels: DG401, DG502, DP77, DP700, DP1000, FP-S, GP-3, GP-7, HG275e, HG425e, HG435ex, HG450ex, HG500ex, HG550ex, HP7, HP8, HP75, HP80, HP85, HP97, HP99, HP100, HP105, HP255e, HP275e, HP300ex, HP425e, HP550ex, M22, MDG100, R21, S350, SC10, SD10, SS100, ST-7, TSI, VG17, VP1000. This is not a complete list of models with the pivot rod problem. If your model was manufactured between 2002 and 2012 and has "Made in China" on the serial number tag, then it has the pivot rod problem.
- Procedure: This modification takes about 1 1/2 hours to do and can be done in your home. The modification frees up the movement of the keys and hammers, giving the keyboard a slightly faster action. The noise level of the keys is slightly increased.
- Cost: $445.00* for most models, $595* for pianos with Auto Player
- Models Affected: CA330, CA500, CA600, CA800, MR270, MR370, MR3000
- Symptoms: Keys are uneven in volume and dynamics. Some may be weak or ring out too loudly.
- Cause: Rubber contact keyswitches are worn out.
- Solution: Original rubber contact keyswitches are no longer available; however, Kawai supplies a newer type of keyswitch assemblies to replace the old.
- Procedure: Remove old keyswitch assemblies, make a simple modification to the keyboard chassis and install newer type keyboard assemblies.
- Cost: Parts and Labor $595.00*
Problem #1: Excessive travel of hammers causing noisy clacky keys
Service Bulletin WJ88A-402
Models Affected: CA950, CP150, CP170, CP190, MP9000
Solution: Install Z bracket underneath hammer supports to prevent excessive travel.
Cost: Parts and Labor $435.00
Problem #2: Hammer Cushion Deterioration
Service Bulletin WJ88B-402R1
Models Affected: CA970, CP150, CP170, CP200, MP9000
Solution: Install new hammer cushions on all keys.
Cost: Parts and Labor $285.00*
Problem #3: Warping or Sagging of Keybed
Service Bulletin RA88A-401R
Models Affected: CN370, CN470, CP110, PN100, PN300
Solution: Install angle iron brace under keybed. Install rib caps on keyboard assembly. Replace hammer rest cushion. Replace keyslips as needed.
Cost: Parts and Labor $485.00*
- Symptoms: Keys sag, won't play, make noise, etc.
- Cause: Weighted Hammers Beneath Keys Break - The plastic stem holding the lead weight cracks and breaks after prolonged use.
- Solution: Replace All Hammers With Newly Designed Hammers of Greatly Increased Durability
- Affected Models: A-90, A-90EX, FP-1, FP-8, FP-9, HP-145, HP-147, HP-236, HP-237, HP-237E, HP-245, HP-2800, HP-2800G, HP-2880, HP-330, HP-330E, HP-335, HP-3800, HP-3800G, HP-530, HP-530E, HP-535, HP-550G, HP-555G, HP-5700, HP-730, HP-7700, KR-1070, KR-370, KR-375, KR-4300, KR-570, KR-570W, KR-575, KR-575P, KR-770, RD-500, RD-600, XV-88
- Cost: Roland Provides Hammer Set at Greatly Discounted Price. With Parts & Labor Cost Is $675.00*
- Symptoms: Excessively Noisy Keys
- Cause: On model using the PA-5 keyboard assembly, as felts compress, the hammers travel too far breaking various sub-chassis and other related parts
- Solution: Replace felts and broken sub-chassis parts. Complete disassembly of keyboard is necessary. While we're in there we lubricate all pivot points too.
- Affected Models: DP-1000D, DP-900, F-100, F-100-BK, F-90, F-90-BK, FANTOM-S88, FANTOM-X8, FP-3, FP-5, HP103D-LC, HP103D-MH, HP103-MH, HP103-PE, HP107D-LC, HP107D-MH, HP107-LC, HP107-MH, HP-147R, HP-147RD, HP-147RE, HP-237LE, HP-237PE, HP-237R, HP-237RD, HP-237RE, HP-237RPE, HP-2D-MH, HP-2-MH, HP-2-PE, HP-337, HP-337D, HP-337E, HP-337R, HP-337RD, HP-557R, HP-557RD, HP-557RS, HP-7D-MH, HP-7-MH, HP-7SD-LC, HP-7SD-MH, HPI-5, HPI-5A, HPI-5AD, HPI-5D, HPI-5D-LC, HPI-5-LC, HPI-7D-LC, HPI-7D-MH, HPI-7-MH, KF-7, KF-90, KR-1077, KR-1077M, KR-1077M-I, KR-15M-PE, KR-15M-PM, KR-15-PE, KR-15-PM, KR-17M-PE, KR-277, KR-277D, KR-377, KR-377D, KR-577, KR-577D, KR-577P, KR-577PD, KR-577S, KR-5D-MH, KR-5D-MP, KR-5-MH, KR-5-PE, KR-7D-MH, KR-7IRD-MH, KR-7-MH, KR-7-PM, KR-977, KR-977-MH, MP-300, MP-500-BW, PT-2700, PT-3100, RD-700, RD-700SX
- Cost: $455*
*This price may be higher in some areas depending on location and is subject to change without notice.